Dear Chequessett members and guests,
We hope you have been enjoying your summer. I know we are all relieved to have some normalcy back in our lives following the intensity of the COVID-19 pandemic last year.
Given the uptick of COVID-19 cases in neighboring Provincetown, we wanted to iterate our adherence to state and local prevention guidelines. As of July 20, 256 cases were confirmed in association with this cluster outbreak, and we take the risk to individuals and the community seriously.
Advisory from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Health:
For individuals who are not fully vaccinated, it is important that you continue to wear a face covering or mask to help prevent you from spreading COVID-19 to other people. People who show no symptoms of illness may still be able to spread COVID-19.
For individuals who are not fully vaccinated, the CDC advises the following:
• Wear a face covering or mask that covers your nose and mouth.
• Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
• Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t
• Get tested if you have been exposed to or have symptoms associated with COVID-19.
When you wear a face covering or cloth mask, it should:
• Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face,
• Be secured with ties or ear loops,
• Include multiple layers of fabric,
• Allow for breathing without restriction, and
• Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape.
We will be monitoring state and local sources for updates and notify you if any of our policies change. You can read the Barnstable County Department of Health and the Environment COVID-19 News and Important Updates here: COVID-19 Important News and Updates : Barnstable County Department of Health and Environment (barnstablecountyhealth.org)
Chequessett Management & Board