Members and Friends of Chequessett Club,
First, I hope this message finds you well as we all get used to the new restrictions in all of our lives. In this uncertain time, turning to the outdoors feels like one of the biggest comforts we have and makes me feel very grateful for this area we all live in.
As we seek to be outside, Chequessett Club, like other businesses, finds it necessary to take further precautions during this COVID-19 outbreak. After meetings and calls yesterday with both the PGA of America and the GCSAA, we are issuing the following guidelines for golf and tennis play at Chequessett until further notice.
First and foremost, we ask that you please follow the recommended social distancing guidelines issued by the CDC, which you can view HERE. We would also encourage you to bring sanitizing wipes with you to the club if you do come to enjoy the facility and wipe down any surfaces you may touch.
In addition, we are asking all members and guests at Chequessett to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The golf course is OPEN to WALKERS ONLY.
- Pull carts are available. If you choose to use one, please bring sanitizing wipes to wipe it down before play.
- Leave the flagstick in the cup at all times.
- Use and touch only your own golf clubs.
- Ball washers and rakes are not on the golf course as of today. Please smooth the traps with a club the best you can.
- Please do not congregate before or after play near the pro shop or at the clubhouse.
- Golf course staff is working. Please use the social distancing guidelines with them as well.
- Please bring and take away your own cans of balls each time you play.
- Please bring and use your own racquet.
- Do not switch between the two courts available for play.
- Refrain from touching the nets or the handles to the nets.
Clubhouse and Offices:
- The clubhouse and offices are closed to members and guests.
- Bathrooms are also closed.
As always, Abby and I are available via email and by phone. Abby’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org and mine is email@example.com. Abby is working remotely but is checking voicemail daily during the work week at 508-349-3704 ext 2. I am both working remotely and in the upstairs office at times. I can be reached at 508-349-3704 ext 5. Tia is working with booked outside events daily to work through their needs and adjustments.
We realize this situation is very fluid, so we will continue to update the membership and guests of Chequessett as more information becomes available. Please know the safety of members, guests, and staff is our biggest concern with each decision we make!
Thank you all for your patience and continued diligence as we all do our part to slow this pandemic. We look forward to much more carefree times soon!
Barbara Boone, PGA