WHO YOU ARE:
- You are excited to work with kids!
- You are a people-person, excited at the prospect of working in-person with a team of other camp counselors.
- You aren’t afraid of responsibility. You understand the importance of safety around water and can maintain a safe environment while simultaneously being friendly and welcoming.
- You enjoy tennis, golf and waterfront activities, including beach games and arts & crafts.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ON A DAILY BASIS:
- Work with a team of other counselors to supervise all campers during tennis, golf, swimming and waterfront activities
- Ensure the physical and emotional safety of campers while swimming
- Beach staff must help evaluate new campers and practice safety procedures at all times.
Camp runs Monday – Friday from June 27 to August 19. Staff must commit to work all 8 sessions of camp.
8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- At least three months experience working with children in a structured group experience
- Current Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid certification strongly preferred.
- WSI certification preferred.
- 18+ years of age for working for the camp.
- Previous waterfront experience preferred.
- Emotionally mature, responsible, and punctual.
- Team player and willing to work hard.
- Ability to take direction from Camp Directors.
- Ability to keep campers safe while swimming in Wellfleet Bay.
- Ability to maintain a calm manner in stressful and/or emergency situations.
About our Camp:
At Chequessett Club, we strive to make each camper’s experience meaningful and memorable. We have assembled a highly skilled staff of coaches and counselors to lead our campers in golf, tennis, pickle ball, sailing, beach games and creative arts, as well as foster a love for the beach and all of its natural beauty. Our counselor to camper ratio is 1:4. The 32 children attending camp each week will be divided into four groups of eight and will rotate among four stations: Tennis/Pickle Ball; Golf; Sailing; and Waterfront. Age range of campers is 7-14.
Pay is commensurate with experience. Range $15 – $19 per hour. Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com