Chequessett is dedicated to ensuring that everyone who participates in our many sporting and social activities has an enjoyable and safe experience!
Please take the time to read the policies below including cancellation policies!
- All reservations must be made online and secured with a credit card.
- Reservations for golf tee times and tennis court times may be made up to two weeks in advance of play online.
- Golf tee times and tennis court times will only be held for 10 minutes from the reserved time.
Reservations for Chequessett sporting and social activities may be made:
- Golf and Tennis reservations are limited to online only, until further notice at www.chequessettclub.com
- Social Events: By calling the Office, (508-349-3709 ext. 2)
- Social Events: Cancellation must occur 3 days in advance. Failure to cancel before the 3-day minimum will result in a charge of the full fee for the event.
- Junior Camp: (2020 Summer Sessions cancelled) In other years, there is no refund issued unless the spot can be filled by a child on the waiting list. (We make every effort to fill the spot.)
Cancellations – How To!
- Cancellations can be made online or by calling the Pro Shop (golf and tennis) 508-349-3704 ext. 3 or the Office for all other activities 508-349-3704 ext. 2.
- Guests of members must pay non-member greens fees and tennis court fees.
- Guests at the waterfront MUST be with members at all times.
Food & Beverages
All food and beverages MUST be purchased onsite. Bringing outside alcoholic beverages onto Chequessett property is against the law
- Canned Beer is sold at the Pro Shop and the Clubhouse Deck/The Turn
- Canned Beer, wine and mixed drinks are sold at the Clubhouse Deck
- Food and beverages available from the 349 Cafe@Chequessett on the Clubhouse deck & patio (or indoors at the Clubhouse during inclement weather).
- Snacks and canned beer available in the Pro Shop.
- All patrons playing golf or tennis must check-in at the Pro Shop before starting play at least 10 minutes prior to your starting time.
Courtesies and Behavior
- Excessive drinking is prohibited on Chequessett property. Patrons participating in golf, tennis, waterfront activities or social events who display drunken behavior will forfeit their reservation and be escorted from the premises.
- Proper etiquette is expected on the golf course and tennis courts. Excessive volume and foul language are not permitted.
- Golf– Softspikes ONLY! No metal spikes allowed
- Tennis – Proper tennis attire, including non-marking tennis shoes is required of all players.
- Halter tops, tank tops, and short shorts are not allowed.
- Shoes must be worn at all times unless on the waterfront.
Golf Pace of Play
- Pace of play at Chequessett is 2 hours for nine holes. Time clocks are located on the tee of the first hole, the 4th hole, and along the path to the 7th hole. If these clocks display a time after your tee time, you are playing behind the pace of play and should pick up your pace. If you fall behind and are not able to pick up your pace, you may be asked to pick up your ball and skip ahead to the next hole to catch up to the group in front of you.
- If you are playing 18 holes, you will be given a turn time 2 hours after your initial tee time. If you are slow in making the turn or choose to stop for lunch you will have to wait for the next available tee time to play your second nine.
Golf Cart Rental
Riding Carts for 9-Hole Play will not be made available for tee times after 5:00 P.M.
- Riding Carts for 18-Hole Play will not be made available for tee times after 3:00 P.M
- You must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license to rent a motorized golf cart. Minors or unlicensed drivers cannot operate a golf cart! Violation of this rule will forfeit your round.
- The 90 Degree rule is in effect at Chequessett. This means you stay on the cart path until you are parallel to your ball, then you may turn and go straight out to the ball. After playing your shot please return directly to the cart path.
- Golf Carts are to be kept AT LEAST 30 YARDS from the greens.
- At times Golf Carts will be restricted to Cart Paths ONLY! The Pro-Shop or Starter will inform you if this is the case.
- Chequessett’s waterfront is open to members only. If a member would like to bring guests to use the beach area, the member must accompany the guest at all times.
- There is NO parking at the waterfront at any time.
- For 2020 Protocols and Procedures, please see the Sailing Page
- Mooring privileges are reserved for individuals who purchase the following memberships: Full, Associate, or Young Associate.
- Please see the Harbor Master for a mooring Permit and any applicable fees. All boats put on moorings must have their location approved before putting in a mooring. Please email Barbara Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm mooring sites.
- Please note that all personal property is left at the risk of the owner.
- Chequessett assumes no responsibility for any private equipment.
- Full and waterfront members may leave a boat in the boatyard if it is actively being used. All members must register their boat, kayak, dinghy, or any other craft at the beginning of each season with a member of the Chequessett staff. All fees must be paid before anyone is allowed to leave any equipment on premises. You will then be given a sticker with a number on it, and it must be affixed to your boat for the entire season. The Chequessett staff will assign your boat storage location as well. Within that location you are entitled to store your boat and any dolly or small trailer that is needed to put the boat in the water. NO trailers of any type that do not meet the above standards may be stored in the boat yard. Please make sure all empty trailers are taken away the day you bring a boat into the yard.
- Please note that all personal property is left at the risk of the owner. Chequessett assumes no responsibility for any private equipment.
- Children may play golf or tennis before noon but must pay the full fee in effect that day. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult and under an adult’s supervision at all times.
- Children up to age 17 may play for ½ the greens or court fee after 12 noon with a paying adult.
- When making a Junior Tee Time, please call the Pro Shop (508) 349-3704 ext. 3, as the Junior Green Fee is unavailable through the online reservation system
- No child under the age of 18 is allowed to drive a motorized golf cart under any circumstances.
- Golf– A child aged 12 or over can play by himself/herself if they have a valid golf handicap card or if they have express approval from the Head Golf Professional or the Director of Golf. They must be aware they will be paired with other players and, like all other golfers, are responsible for pace of play and good golf etiquette.
- Tennis – Mornings are a prime tennis time so courts must be reserved in advance and players must be able to keep balls in their court area (for the most part!) as well as observe good tennis ettiquete.
- Sailing – All children up to age 16 must be accompanied by an accomplished sailor while sailing out of Chequessett whether in a private boat or a club boat.
- Sailing – No member children under age 18 may rent boats unless they have taken sailing lessons with the Chequessett staff and are deemed to be proficient sailors.
- Kayaks– Kayaks may be rented if accompanied by an adult or if the member is over the age of 16. Life jackets must be worn at all times.